cinco de mayo party ideas
Cinco De Mayo Family Fun

Awesome Cinco de Mayo Party Ideas

This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy for more information.

In just a week, Cinco de Mayo will be here and I thought it would be fun to share some of the best Cinco de Mayo Party Ideas.  I’m always looking for a good excuse to have a FIESTA!  I am even more excited that Cinco de Mayo falls on a Saturday this year!  I hope these fun and delicious ideas inspire you to have a fun Cinco de Mayo Celebration!

cinco de mayo party ideas and recipes

Cinco de Mayo Party Ideas for Decorations

Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Photo Booth Props

cinco de mayo party ideas photo booth props

Fiesta Themed Party Pack

cinco de mayo party ideas fiesta themed party pack plates napkins

Deluxe Sombreros 12 Pack

cinco de mayo party ideas sombreros 12 pack

Margarita Pool Float or Decoration

cinco de mayo party ideas margarita pool float

Inflatable Sombrero Cooler

cinco de mayo party ideas inflatable sombrero cooler

Fiesta Plastic Table Cloth

cinco de mayo party ideas tablecloth

Fiesta Fake Mustaches

cinco de mayo party ideas fiesta fake mustaches

Cinco de Mayo Party Assorted Margarita Glasses 20 Count

cinco de mayo party ideas cinco de mayo mexican glasses

Cinco de Mayo Party Ideas for Food

Restaurant Style Mexican Rice

authentic restaurant style mexican rice recipe

The Best Homemade Guacamole

best homemade guacamole recipe cinco de mayo

Baked Chicken Taquitos and Shredded Chicken for Tacos

baked chicken taquitos recipe cinco de mayo mexican cusine

Homemade Pico de Gallo

how to make pico de gallo salsa

Shrimp Ceviche Dip

Shrimp Ceviche Recipe - Perfect Appetizer for Cinco De Mayo

Cinco de Mayo Party Ideas for Entertainment

You cannot throw a Cinco de Mayo Party without a Donkey Piñata.  You just can’t.

cinco de mayo party ideas donkey pinata

Cinco de Mayo Bingo Game

cinco de mayo party ideas fiesta bingo game

Mini Wooden Mexican Maracas

cinco de mayo party ideas mini wooden maracas

We hope these fun and delicious Cinco de Mayo Party Ideas will turn your Cinco de Mayo get together, into an awesome FIESTA!  If you are feeling extra creative and festive, check out how adorable these Sugar Piñata Cookies are from She Knows.

cinco-de-mayo-pinata-cookies

You Might Also Like

43 Comments

My Teen Guide
    April 28, 2018 at 11:38 am

The Shrimp Ceviche dip looks so delicious! We love Cinco de Mayo for its colorful festivities and of course for us to indulge in oh so yummy Mexican fare.

Czjai Reyes-Ocampo
    April 28, 2018 at 12:06 pm

Really cool party favors! I love the sombrero cooler and the donkey pinata. 🙂

Up Run for Life Healthy Lifestyle Blog
    April 28, 2018 at 7:32 pm

Yum, I love pico and homemade guac. We usually don’t throw a huge party for Cinco de Mayo. But I think we should this year. I want the margarita glasses.

Britney
    April 28, 2018 at 9:28 pm

That margarita pool decoration is so fun! I love it. We’re going to a cinco de mayo birthday party next week and I bet it looks like this!

Kristi Ann
      April 28, 2018 at 9:44 pm

Have fun!!

Holly
    April 28, 2018 at 11:18 pm

These are great ideas for Cinco de Mayo. Thank you so much for this information. That is so helpful.

Luci
    April 28, 2018 at 11:56 pm

This is so cute. The food look so delicious. My family one of these dishes at least once a week.

Pat
    April 29, 2018 at 1:38 am

What fun photos. Thank you for sharing your ideas to decorate for Cinco de Mayo.

Elizabeth O
    April 29, 2018 at 9:56 am

There are so many great ideas here for anyone throwing a Cinco De Mayo party. I absolutely love the look of the pinata cookies, they are amazing! Great job.

Rachel
    April 29, 2018 at 11:13 am

I would love to host a part with this theme and using these cool goodies! !

Victor Step
    April 29, 2018 at 4:05 pm

I come more and more often across posts that share something very creative. Being myself so occupied with work and so little with creativity, I get the inspiration to be more creative from posts such as this. Thanks for sharing!

Natalie Allen
    April 29, 2018 at 6:39 pm

This looks like a list of some epic stuff to use at Cinco De Mayo! I’ll be out of the Americas this year, but it would be fun to go to party with this stuff!

Jessica Joachim
    April 29, 2018 at 7:08 pm

SO many fun Cinco De Mayo ideas here! I was going to do a party but I will be attending one instead this year lol. As long as I get guac I am happy though

Laura Dove
    April 29, 2018 at 7:33 pm

Oh I love this! What a fun party theme! We love to do themed parties at new year’s with our friends but haven’t done this theme yet! Maybe next time!

Becca Talbot
    April 29, 2018 at 9:54 pm

I’ve never actually heard of Cinco de Mayo before – I guess it’s a Mexican party, but what’s it in aid of? All your Mexican party goodies and recipes look and sound though, kinda wish I was coming to this party! x

Kristi Ann
      April 29, 2018 at 11:05 pm

Cinco de Mayo, (May 5) is a holiday that celebrates the date of the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War. So many people celebrate by throwing a Fiesta or enjoying a Mexican meal.

Alice
    April 29, 2018 at 10:14 pm

Would love to be able to organise a party like this someday! It would be such a cool event! Thanks for sharing this awesome idea

Julie Plagens
    April 30, 2018 at 2:14 am

Such great ideas for a party. You have everything covered from food to entertainment.

Dalene Ekirapa
    April 30, 2018 at 6:35 am

Cinco De Mayo? Well, I’m only hearing of that now but I think I’m loving it. From your ideas, there is too much color going on so I can even imagine how that speaks of too much fun and vibrance..no wonder you are anxious about the celebration,right?

Sondra Barker
    April 30, 2018 at 6:41 am

I can’t believe it’s coming up already! 2018 is flying by. These ideas are so fun!!
    Xo, Sondra

Cuisineandtravel.com

With Love From P
    April 30, 2018 at 7:01 am

I love the entire theme! Really creative! Thank you for sharing X

karamel_kc
    April 30, 2018 at 11:33 am

cool ideas. I really like the paddle pool lol this would be such a fun party

Lisa Rios
    April 30, 2018 at 8:08 pm

Guac is a must, obviously! If there isn’t guac it isn’t an official party, is what I always say! Yum to the recipes and cute decor!

Esme Sy
    April 30, 2018 at 8:46 pm

May is really up there in terms of fund and activities, both lined up for spring and summer around the world. I just love Mexican rice, I’d love to have them soon and my favorite game with my friends, Bingo!

lewahn
    April 30, 2018 at 10:42 pm

This is cool! I can’t believe cindo de mayo is this weekend!

Carrie Liu
    May 1, 2018 at 5:23 am

Such fun ideas! The Homemade Guacamole looks amazing! I would LOVE to have a party and make all the yummy food!

David Allen Elliott
    May 1, 2018 at 7:46 am

All of those look like such a lot of fun. Not sure what I will be doing, but I know I have my daughter. Hope we will be enjoying doing fun things this weekend.

Kristi Ann
      May 1, 2018 at 12:21 pm

Hope you guys enjoy the weekend!!

Elizabeth Keene
    May 1, 2018 at 3:43 pm

I have never thought about having a Cinco De Mayo party but these ideas make it look like it would be a lot of fun. So many colors and festive decorations.

XOXO

Elizabeth Keene

Kim
    May 1, 2018 at 6:50 pm

My daughter is having a cinco de mayo party for her girl scout troop – thanks for these ideas! we are supposed to each bring a dish. That rice looks delicious – I think I’ll bring that

Kristi Ann
      May 1, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Glad you were able to find something useful! Hope you guys have a blast!

shanelle
    May 2, 2018 at 2:33 am

yummy that ceviche looks delish! come over to my house and make some please!

Kristi Ann
      May 2, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Sure! And I’ll bring margaritas!

Agentszerozerosetter
    May 2, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Absolutely love mexican food and all these decorations look perfect for a funny party! Would really enjoy a similar mix!

Leo T. Ly
    May 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm

The weather is finally getting warmer in my area. I am planning to have a party for my daughter and these ideas will come in handy. Makes my job a lot easier.

Thea Wood
    May 3, 2018 at 6:52 pm

Great ideas! Love the little wooden maracas!! If you’re interested, here’s a link to some Cinco de Mayo drink recipes and demos. http://shespark.com/festive-drink-recipes-for-cinco-de-mayo/

Kim B Smith
    May 3, 2018 at 10:33 pm

Oh my delish!!!!

Kristyn Medriano
    May 4, 2018 at 3:33 am

We love Mexican cuisine. Although we aren’t having a party, I am making homemade burritos with homemade guac.

Rachel
    May 4, 2018 at 8:57 pm

I’ve been browsing loads of Cinco de Mayo party decor ideas on Pinterest recently, so your post is very apt. I love all the vibrant colours and would definitely use that tablecloth. And who could resist the donkey pinata!

Tiffany Bailey
    May 5, 2018 at 8:19 am

This looks so cool, one of the best parties I ever went to was Mexican themed! I love all the great party stuff there is around nowadays, hope you have a fabulous time!

Evelyn, PathofPresence 🦋
    May 5, 2018 at 12:54 pm

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Love these ideas as they are festive and will surely dress up any party. Seeing the piñata, I hear trumpets and mariachi bands playing in the background. 🎶

Paul Albert
    May 6, 2018 at 6:26 pm

I have absolutely no idea what Cinco de Mayo is Kristi Ann. It sounds exciting though and a good reason for a huge celebration. Dancing, eating and drinking sounds good to me!

Toughcookiemommy
    May 13, 2018 at 9:18 pm

These are some really festive party ideas for Cinco de Mayo. I’m sure many families had a great time celebrating this fun holiday.